Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Fireworks Rained Out

OK, one last thing. I just went out to see the higher quality fireworks display -- less noise, more pretty lights. Peter Pan's dad was just getting warmed up when it started to sprinkle, then poured down in buckets. I got in the front door seconds before getting thoroughly soaked. I can hear the kids screaming outside, enjoying getting wet.

Peter Pan's dad wanted to know if we could block the street on Friday for a fireworks display. "I could do a kick-ass show for you all," he bragged. I'm sure he could, based on the very small taste we just got, which set off three car alarms from the powerful explosions. However, having just called the alderman's office today to find out about getting a block party permit, they told me you have to give them two or three weeks' notice.

With that, I'm getting some sleep while the rain beats down and keeps the explosions from happening. 'Til next week.

No comments:

Windy Citizen Share