Today I was riding my bike up by Soldier Field, in Burnham Harbor. Today was about as spectacular as it gets in Chicago, clear blue sky and water to match, light breeze, sunny. Great biking weather--so great it surprised me not to encounter too many cyclists.
But one did notice me. A skinny bearded white guy rode past me and said, "Yay! Mentors are good!" It took a split second to realize he was referring to my Big Picture t-shirt. On the back it says, "I am a mentor."
We smiled and laughed together. Before I could thank him, he was gone.
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- "When we see a star in the sky, we will remember t...
- Block Book Fair
- Shout-outs of thanks and action
- Day of the Dead Show Opens Friday
- Dorothy gets Mail
- Sunday in Soacha, Bogota
- saludos desde colombia/greetings from colombia
- Yup-yup Returns
- New Kids on the Block--Very Nice!
- Mentors Are Good
- Guess Who Got the Microwave!
- News from the Hood
- Breaking News--A Happy Midnight Visitor
- Prayer Walk
- Five moms!
- All Politics Is Local
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2006 (105)