This is the third night in a row I've called 311 to get the streetlights back on. They are out from Ashland to Paulina, and 51st to the viaduct at 48th.
My friend the prostitute stopped by yesterday afternoon. I am very much afraid she is relapsing.
In happier news, at Holy Cross today Fr. Bruce announced the Board of Education has promised our new high school in Back of the Yards will be built by 2010. There was a board report over the summer making it official that the site will be near 47th and Hoyne, if I remember correctly. I'll post a link soon.
Also, it sounds like the idea of putting a Chicago Public Library branch in the Goldblatt's building at Ashland and 47th is not dead yet. Stay tuned....
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- "When we see a star in the sky, we will remember t...
- Block Book Fair
- Shout-outs of thanks and action
- Day of the Dead Show Opens Friday
- Dorothy gets Mail
- Sunday in Soacha, Bogota
- saludos desde colombia/greetings from colombia
- Yup-yup Returns
- New Kids on the Block--Very Nice!
- Mentors Are Good
- Guess Who Got the Microwave!
- News from the Hood
- Breaking News--A Happy Midnight Visitor
- Prayer Walk
- Five moms!
- All Politics Is Local
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2006 (105)