well, marshfield tattler hits the road again. some of you may remember my trip to colombia last summer. i am back, visiting some of the same people i met last time and meeting many new people. today i got very sunburned while going to Mass on top of a hill outside bogota. six german priests and an american jesuit presided. we worshipped with a community of people displaced from their homes by the civil war here. we also had an opportunity to see people working on a community home-building project. i bought a baseball hat at the community store but it was too late to keep me from getting burned.
this afternoon we visited the gold musuem in downtown bogota. The museum was full of amazing precolumbian gold artifacts. wow!
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- "When we see a star in the sky, we will remember t...
- Block Book Fair
- Shout-outs of thanks and action
- Day of the Dead Show Opens Friday
- Dorothy gets Mail
- Sunday in Soacha, Bogota
- saludos desde colombia/greetings from colombia
- Yup-yup Returns
- New Kids on the Block--Very Nice!
- Mentors Are Good
- Guess Who Got the Microwave!
- News from the Hood
- Breaking News--A Happy Midnight Visitor
- Prayer Walk
- Five moms!
- All Politics Is Local
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2006 (105)