Well, this morning signs went up all over the block (and the adjacent blocks east and west) warning that street resurfacing will start on Marshfield Avenue tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. Resurfacing has already started further north--the asphalt was off the street last Friday at 48th and Marshfield.
First, let me say I'm delighted that we're finally getting the street resurfaced all the way from 51st to 47th. It's just what we were hoping for, and it crosses two wards so probably wasn't so easy to arrange. But the timing is not the best, given that the block party is set for Saturday.
Jay-Z's aunt called the alderman's office this morning. Latrece Thompson got back to us saying that they will hold off on the street resurfacing until after the block party. I hope that comes true. I may be up early tomorrow morning just to make sure a construction crew doesn't start tearing up the street. Stay tuned.
- Bradys at the Beach, Plus Block Party Update
- Block Party Drama?
- Hoops on Marshfield A Rousing Success
- Hoops on Marshfield Tomorrow Night
- Update on Ashland Avenue Streetlights & Friday Nig...
- Is CAPS Going the Way of the Dodo?
- What's up with the Streetlights in Back of the Yar...
- This Week's Vegetable Winner
- Camp Marshfield Goes Mobile, Part II
- Camp Marshfield Goes Mobile, Part I
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2008 (217)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)