This afternoon I was at the corner of Ashland and 47th when I ran into the Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council's Sean O'Farrell. He let me know BYNC is working on getting the Ashland streetlights back up and running. Thanks, BYNC, and I hope it can be done soon!
Sean also let me know that Back of the Yards is participating in Hoops in the Hood for a second year. They are hoping to play on the new parking lot at 48th and Marshfield, across from Chavez Elementary, next Friday night, but that is not yet confirmed. Tonight they are playing somewhere on Ada. Hoops in the Hood is a great way to bring neighbors together and make the streets a fun, safe place for kids on summer nights. To get a feel for what it's all about, click here and scroll down to "B-Ball on the Block," the original Little Village program that grew into Hoops.
- Bradys at the Beach, Plus Block Party Update
- Block Party Drama?
- Hoops on Marshfield A Rousing Success
- Hoops on Marshfield Tomorrow Night
- Update on Ashland Avenue Streetlights & Friday Nig...
- Is CAPS Going the Way of the Dodo?
- What's up with the Streetlights in Back of the Yar...
- This Week's Vegetable Winner
- Camp Marshfield Goes Mobile, Part II
- Camp Marshfield Goes Mobile, Part I
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2008 (217)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)