So this has been bugging me for about a month. The streetlights are still out on Ashland Avenue between 47th and 49th. Last night I drove home along 47th from Western to Ashland and discovered the streetlights are also out for a few of the half blocks between Damen and Ashland. Is all of that from the building explosion near 48th and Ashland in early June? Is there something else going on with the 47th Street lights? And what is the holdup about getting them fixed?
All I can say is, I bet if two major commercial strips on the North Side had streetlights out, it wouldn't take over a month to get them back in action, building explosions or no.
- Bradys at the Beach, Plus Block Party Update
- Block Party Drama?
- Hoops on Marshfield A Rousing Success
- Hoops on Marshfield Tomorrow Night
- Update on Ashland Avenue Streetlights & Friday Nig...
- Is CAPS Going the Way of the Dodo?
- What's up with the Streetlights in Back of the Yar...
- This Week's Vegetable Winner
- Camp Marshfield Goes Mobile, Part II
- Camp Marshfield Goes Mobile, Part I
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2008 (217)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)