Blog Archive

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Quiet Easter

Junior's mom is sick, so we did not go out for Easter today. Dawn came over and helped me clean the house. It's better than it was. I showed Dawn this puzzle I bought at the National Museum of Mexican Art. It's a lot of different colored shapes you can put together to fill in a square. The first time I tried it, I couldn't figure out how to get all the pieces to fit in. Dawn spent some time with it and came up with a nice design. Once I saw hers, I tried it later and made them fit, with a different color pattern.

While we cleaning up, I found an essay template from a North Side high school for when a student misbehaves. It helps them think about what happened, how different people might look at the same situation, and what other decisions they could make in the same situation in the future.

I asked Dawn if she was willing to try writing one about what happened on Friday. She said yes. With a hint of a smile she said, "Alfredo made me do one of these one time." She took the paper home with her. We'll see what she comes up with.

Joey came over later. He wanted to see the Homies web site. So we were looking at it. I thought he would like the puzzle but he gave up after a short try.

No comments:

Windy Citizen Share