Lots of people stopped by this evening. Junior and Oscar and their mom, which was nice. We haven't seen each other in too long.
Yup-yup, trying to sell me stuff, which wasn't so nice. I thought I had locked the gate. Maybe I had. I need to ask the people next door to lock theirs, too.
Worst of all, the Chicago Police Department, looking for Julian. He told them he lives here. Ouch. I was afraid there was more to it than that, but apparently he was 'looking suspicious'--out without a coat between here and his buddy's house on the next block up. The cops wanted to know what was up with him and he got scared and cut through my back yard to go home. That got them interested. Now they're waiting out in the alley for his folks to get home. They were going to a baby shower. I called his sister and they are coming back. I told them to call me if they wanted me to come over.
I called the neighborhood youth intervention specialist. Maybe Julian is too small potatoes for him, but I worry that the potato is getting bigger and I don't know how to stop it.
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- Cranium Challenge
- Julian Gets Lucky/Big Picture Goes to Church
- Busy Saturday Night
- Won a Skirmish in Graffiti Wars
- Big Picture Goes to Clark Street
- Big Picture in the Press
- Big Picture, Test Scores, and Life after High Scho...
- Open House Draws a Crowd
- Big Picture Open House Jan 18, Part II
- Open House at Big Picture Jan 18
- The San Miguel Visit
- Bring your A Game, Arenda
- Yup-Yup latest
- Troutman in Handcuffs!
- Graffiti Wars Rage On
- An Open Letter to Arne Duncan
- Joey's First El Ride & An Experiment
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2006 (105)