This guy has been ringing my bell so much I have resorted to locking my front gate as soon as I get home at night, just not to be bothered with him. But since my next door neighbors haven't put a doorknob that locks in their gate, nor have they replaced the fence between their yard and mine, Yup-yup can come in through their yard.
He did so just as I was sitting down to dinner. "Miss Maritza, what can I do for you?" he said cheerfully, waving a wooden salad fork and some contraption to dry polished nails, I think.
"How many times do I have to tell you I'm between jobs and I haven't been paid since November!"
"This isn't about money," he said sweetly. "I just want to know what I can do for you." (Yep, he's a pimp, all right. But I am not his ho. Jesus.)
"When I lock the front gate, it means I do not want to be disturbed," I said sternly.
"Oh, I didn't know that," he said, turning to leave immediately. I swear I'm going to start answering the door with the phone in my hand. If it's him I'm just going to call 911. I've had it.
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- Cranium Challenge
- Julian Gets Lucky/Big Picture Goes to Church
- Busy Saturday Night
- Won a Skirmish in Graffiti Wars
- Big Picture Goes to Clark Street
- Big Picture in the Press
- Big Picture, Test Scores, and Life after High Scho...
- Open House Draws a Crowd
- Big Picture Open House Jan 18, Part II
- Open House at Big Picture Jan 18
- The San Miguel Visit
- Bring your A Game, Arenda
- Yup-Yup latest
- Troutman in Handcuffs!
- Graffiti Wars Rage On
- An Open Letter to Arne Duncan
- Joey's First El Ride & An Experiment
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2006 (105)