- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- Cranium Challenge
- Julian Gets Lucky/Big Picture Goes to Church
- Busy Saturday Night
- Won a Skirmish in Graffiti Wars
- Big Picture Goes to Clark Street
- Big Picture in the Press
- Big Picture, Test Scores, and Life after High Scho...
- Open House Draws a Crowd
- Big Picture Open House Jan 18, Part II
- Open House at Big Picture Jan 18
- The San Miguel Visit
- Bring your A Game, Arenda
- Yup-Yup latest
- Troutman in Handcuffs!
- Graffiti Wars Rage On
- An Open Letter to Arne Duncan
- Joey's First El Ride & An Experiment
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2006 (105)
Monday, January 08, 2007
Graffiti Wars Rage On
This morning I was walking up toward the railroad viaduct at 49th and saw new graffiti on top of the fresh white paint that had covered the last round. It appears the GDs and the Latin Souls are conducting graffiti wars on the viaduct, the Atotonilco tortilla factory next to it, and on the building on the northwest corner of Ashland and 50th. I was calling in the viaduct graffiti to 311 when I spotted Fr. Ed Shea walking down the street in his brown Franciscan robes, with one of the steady attenders at the 7:30 a.m. daily Mass. We waved. I've been going to Mass at Holy Cross for months--I felt guilty for not putting in some face time at St. Joe's.