Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

UIC/Noble Applicant Info This Saturday

If you are reading this blog and are an 8th grader/8th grade parent from Back of the Yards, or know someone who is, or even if you are in a different neighborhood but you are interested in applying to the UIC/Noble charter high school that will open next September, you're invited to this event:

Saturday 1/26, 10 a.m.
1253 S. Halsted
Metered parking and a garage that costs $2 for less than two hours are nearby.
Information will be presented in Spanish and English.

It is very hard to get applications for this school. You must attend the session to obtain an application, and this is the last chance to do that.

If you are reading this and plan to attend, could you email me at marshfieldtattler.hotmail.com? I am supposed to call them Friday at 5 p.m. with a head count.

I muscled UIC/Noble into doing one more Saturday session--their last scheduled session is Friday at 10 a.m. in the same location, but I'm out of town and I knew my neighbors couldn't make it at that time due to work schedules. Danny's taking the selective enrollment test that morning, so he can't go, but I'm going to get an application for him if it kills me. I left a message for Junior--he'd have to miss CCD, but I think his mom would go for it--she's really worried about high school for him. I need to get Peter Pan's mom's number--they used to live near the original Noble Street in West Town and Peter Pan is interested. If his older sister applies and gets in this year, he'd have sibling preference next year. Peter Pan is a bright kid with leadership potential, but his teachers agree with me that he could go either way really easily, so a good school to keep him on track will be important. Noble is pretty strict, which would be good for him, I think.

No comments:

Windy Citizen Share