Blog Archive

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Marshfield Clean & Green

Today's was the City's annual volunteer Clean and Green Day. On the 5000 block of South Marshfield, Officer Tony Mejia and former Chavez principal Sandy Traback teamed up to lead the effort. I believe they worked with State Rep. Esther Golar to get rakes and brooms for the work and hot dogs to grill afterwards as a thank-you to the volunteers.

Ironically, I had to go to a meeting this morning about litter in another part of the city and couldn't participate. Afterwards, I attended Jason Gill's funeral in Woodlawn--I'll post about it tomorrow.

When I got back, around 2 p.m., all was quiet on Marshfield, but the block was noticeably cleaner. A couple of little boys saw me and yelled, "We cleaned today!"

It sounds like this may become a monthly event. I hope so.

No comments:

Windy Citizen Share