In case anyone's checking, don't forget tomorrow night at 6 p.m. is the 931 beat meeting at Chavez Elementary School.
I didn't write about last month's meeting, but it was reasonably well attended and some people made a point of mentioning good news as well as complaints. And in one case, complaints were good news--the police noted that there were more calls about loitering and drug dealing at the northwest corner of 50th and Marshfield.
Our Officer Friendly made note of the block party on our block and also that open gym has resumed on Saturday mornings at Chavez. Over 50 kids were already showing up in August.
Just a quick note on the deluge--my basement is wet but seems to have taken a bit less of a beating than it did last time.
- ► 2009 (82)
- Books for Big Picture
- Dodgeball out Back
- Joey Gets Busted
- Book Fair
- NHS Bilingual Homeownership Center Grand Opening
- Perspectives Math & Science Grand Opening
- Gunshots Near 48th and Ashland
- The Puzzle of Picasso
- Back to School Update and a Philanthropic Idea
- Apology and Update
- New Youth Activities at Holy Cross/IHM
- CAPS meeting Monday night
- Joey & Picasso's Joint Artwork
- Streets & San Spotted on Marshfield
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)