...taking photos, not hauling garbage. I took a walk this afternoon and ran into one of my neighbors who regularly attends our CAPS meeting. He crossed the street to come and tell me he had seen someone from Streets and San photographing the sidewalks today.
"Did you call?" he asked me.
But at the August CAPS meeting he and I spoke with Alderman Cochran's chief of staff, Karin Norington-Reaves, who told us that the 4800 block of South Marshfield was on the menu to get new sidewalks and street resurfacing. She hoped the work might get started next spring.
"I've been calling about this for six years," he told me. He looked ecstatic at the possibility something might actually get done. We smiled and crossed our fingers at each other in hopes it might start sooner. Stay tuned.
- ► 2009 (82)
- Books for Big Picture
- Dodgeball out Back
- Joey Gets Busted
- Book Fair
- NHS Bilingual Homeownership Center Grand Opening
- Perspectives Math & Science Grand Opening
- Gunshots Near 48th and Ashland
- The Puzzle of Picasso
- Back to School Update and a Philanthropic Idea
- Apology and Update
- New Youth Activities at Holy Cross/IHM
- CAPS meeting Monday night
- Joey & Picasso's Joint Artwork
- Streets & San Spotted on Marshfield
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)