The president of the Chavez LSC is expecting, and one of her fellow LSC members had a shower for her on Saturday night. Despite the freezing rain and ice everywhere, I went. I learned some new baby shower games as a result. They played a round of how fast can you eat a jar of baby food blindfolded, being fed by the person across from you. Wow! I've seen some baby-food eating races, but not blindfolded and fed by a partner.
Among mostly Spanish-speakers, I'm at a double disadvantage blindfolded because it's much harder to figure out what people are saying when you can't look at them. It was a good challenge.
They also did a race to see who could chug a baby bottle of orange juice the fastest without biting down on the nipple. One woman was the equivalent of those frat guys who could beer bong--she just tilted her head way back to get gravity in her favor and gently sucked away. The winner!
They had a really nice cake with strawberries. The hostess told me she got it from Bombon because she liked their cake at my party last summer.
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- 2007 Year in Review
- Marshfield Mom of the Year
- Heard on the Ashland Bus
- Good Book News
- Memorial Vigil Tomorrow
- Christmas Gifts for Neighbors
- Squatter House Boarded Up
- District 299 Tips on High School Hunting
- Science Fair Today
- Nice White Lady
- Last-Minute Science Fair Project
- Aqui Estoy Gets Sun-Times Rave
- Back of the Yards Meets Albany Park
- Big Picture College Essays
- Things Could be Worse for Undocumented Students
- Quick Updates
- Baby Shower
- Response to Trib Editorial
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2006 (105)