Just back from judging the Chavez upper grade science fair. My favorite project:
"Which Hamburger Has More Grease?"
The 6th-grader compared Burger King, Wendy's and McDonald's cooked burgers, weighing them after squeezing out the grease. His exhibition board included a photo of the greasy paper towels. His hypothesis was Burger King would be greasiest. The winner?
Another favorite: "Does Pop Make Your Teeth Dark?"
More on the event later.
- ► 2009 (82)
- ► 2008 (217)
- 2007 Year in Review
- Marshfield Mom of the Year
- Heard on the Ashland Bus
- Good Book News
- Memorial Vigil Tomorrow
- Christmas Gifts for Neighbors
- Squatter House Boarded Up
- District 299 Tips on High School Hunting
- Science Fair Today
- Nice White Lady
- Last-Minute Science Fair Project
- Aqui Estoy Gets Sun-Times Rave
- Back of the Yards Meets Albany Park
- Big Picture College Essays
- Things Could be Worse for Undocumented Students
- Quick Updates
- Baby Shower
- Response to Trib Editorial
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2006 (105)