My apologies for all my fretting at the UIC/Noble people. They came through on the promise that wait-listed students would be offered admission at other Noble Network schools.
Yesterday, Junior came over with a letter from Noble Network offering him admission at his choice of Golder College Prep, Rauner College Prep or Rowe-Clark Math and Science Academy. Whoo-hoo! "Yeah, my mom was pretty excited," he said.
Even though we have neighbors who go to Rauner, given his mom's concerns that he'll get lost on a complicated route to school, I suggested they go with Golder. He'd just have to take the Ashland bus farther north than if he had gone to UIC, but he wouldn't have to transfer to another bus or train.
- ► 2009 (82)
- The ISAT Is Coming
- Dorothy's Tour of Cook County: First Hospital, The...
- A Visit Next Door
- Car Crashes into Little Caesars Pizza
- Feels Like Summer!
- Economics, Macro and Micro
- Tons of Fun News!
- Alternative High School Registration Open
- The Gift That Kept on Giving
- Junior Gets a High School
- Free Books!
- US Energy Savings Gas Scam: Beware!
- Hard Times Come Again No More
- Hard Times Next Door
- High School Sweepstakes Update
- What's Going in the Goldblatt's Building?
- UIC/Noble Lottery Tonight
- Gutierrez Un-Endorses Lipinski
- Chicago Magazine Gives Some Love
- Dawn Comes Home
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)