Blog Archive

Monday, February 11, 2008

What's Going in the Goldblatt's Building?

Last Friday I finally heard something about what's going in the Goldblatt's. I was walking east on 47th to the Ashland bus stop and passed a construction crew. One guy was on the street directing coworkers on a scaffold. I asked him in English what was going to go in the building, but it became clear he didn't understand the question. So I tried again in Spanish and he said muebleria/furniture store.

This is very interesting since the Aronson's Furniture place just went out of business. I don't know whether it's good we're getting another store to replace that one or if it's a bad sign for that furniture store that the other one folded. I guess we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, Aronson went out of business because the owner got sick, decided to retired, and was not able to find enough investors to take over such a large enterprise.
But business and customers were abundant, so a furniture store should do well.

Maritza said...

Thanks for the helpful background info on what happened at Aronson's. That sounds very promising for the new store.

Windy Citizen Share