Last Friday I finally heard something about what's going in the Goldblatt's. I was walking east on 47th to the Ashland bus stop and passed a construction crew. One guy was on the street directing coworkers on a scaffold. I asked him in English what was going to go in the building, but it became clear he didn't understand the question. So I tried again in Spanish and he said muebleria/furniture store.
This is very interesting since the Aronson's Furniture place just went out of business. I don't know whether it's good we're getting another store to replace that one or if it's a bad sign for that furniture store that the other one folded. I guess we'll see.
- ► 2009 (82)
- The ISAT Is Coming
- Dorothy's Tour of Cook County: First Hospital, The...
- A Visit Next Door
- Car Crashes into Little Caesars Pizza
- Feels Like Summer!
- Economics, Macro and Micro
- Tons of Fun News!
- Alternative High School Registration Open
- The Gift That Kept on Giving
- Junior Gets a High School
- Free Books!
- US Energy Savings Gas Scam: Beware!
- Hard Times Come Again No More
- Hard Times Next Door
- High School Sweepstakes Update
- What's Going in the Goldblatt's Building?
- UIC/Noble Lottery Tonight
- Gutierrez Un-Endorses Lipinski
- Chicago Magazine Gives Some Love
- Dawn Comes Home
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)