- ► 2009 (82)
- Camp Marshfield Archaeologists
- Notes to Self for Next Year
- Guest Post on Party
- The BBQ
- New Mile Square Health Center Open
- Camp Marshfield's Backyard Jungle
- They're Hired!
- Camp Marshfield Bug Hunt
- NYT on Neighborhoods
- Camp Marshfield Weekend Activities
- Camp Marshfield Wishlist Started
- Dorothy's on the Lam
- Camp Marshfield Field Trip And More
- Camp Marshfield, Of Sorts
- Peace & Education Scholarship Winners
- Big Picture Graduation 2008
- Chavez Class of 2008
- Dawn Update
- One Found, One Lost
- One Lost, One Found
- Fiesta Back of the Yards 2008
- One Up, One Down
- The Ironic Punchline
- Good Cop, Bad Cop & Burning Down the House?
- Immigrants, Aliens, Dreams
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2007 (142)
- ► 2006 (105)
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Fiesta Back of the Yards 2008
It was a true summer carnival, complete with an early afternoon thunderstorm followed by more sweltering heat, cold brews and pops, crazy heavy food--think funnel cake and tacos--and plenty of carnival rides and games for the kids. In addition to the usual skeet shooting and so forth, I think the rock climbing wall was new this year.
Here's the action at the No-Manches booth at the fiesta on 47th street this afternoon. These two are wearing one of my favorite t-shirt designs of theirs, "Elemento Frijol". The green shirt between them reads "Juan Deere", which you can't see, under the logo, which you can see. Later today, I saw a little boy walking home with another one, "The Paisa Is Right."
I'll post some more photos later on.